MICHAEL J. BONAN is an associate attorney with Kitroser & Associates, joining the firm in July 2021. Michael is a Treasure Coast native who returned to his hometown after attending the University of Miami for both his undergraduate and law degrees.
Previously, Michael worked for a local law firm specializing in homeowners and condominium association law. There, he also gained experience in foreclosure prosecution and defense, restrictive covenant enforcement actions, and commercial transaction and litigation matters.
Michael also worked for a not-for-profit organization, Safespace, as an injunction for protection attorney dedicated to protecting survivors of domestic violence. Most recently, he served as the Supervising Senior Trial Court Law Clerk for the 15th Judicial Circuit of Florida, where he oversaw trial support activities for the circuit and county judges of Palm Beach County, Florida.
Michael now focuses his practice on the areas of estate planning, guardianship administration and litigation, and probate administration and litigation. In addition to this work, Michael continues to be involved in the local not-for-profit community.
Michael is married to Genevieve Bonan, who an attorney for the Consumer Protection Division of the Office of the Attorney General in West Palm Beach. Michael and Genevieve have two young children, Marc and Josephine. Michael is also the eldest son of local attorney Elizabeth Bonan.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning, Will and Trust Creation
- Elder Law, Medicaid Planning, Incapacity Planning
- Guardianship and Guardianship Litigation
- Probate & Trust Administration
- Special Needs Planning
- Business Succession Planning, Domicile Planning
- Will Contests and Inheritance Disputes, Probate and Trust Litigation
- Homeowner’s Association and Condominium Disputes
- Interpersonal Violence Injunctions (Domestic, Repeat, Dating, Sexual and Stalking Violence)
- University of Miami, School of Law
- D., magna cum laude
- University of Miami, School of Business Administration
- B.A., Finance and Marketing, cum laude
- Treasurer, Board of Directors, Inner Truth Project
- Chairman, Board of Advisors, David Cardno Father and Child Resource Center
Past Employment Positions
- Supervising Senior Trial Court Law Clerk, 15th Judicial Circuit of Florida
- Injunction for Protection Attorney, SafeSpace
- Adjunct Professor – Business Law, Indian River State College