Strong Legal Advocacy for the Elderly — Fighting A Rampant Problem
In Florida, the problem of financial exploitation of the elderly is widespread. Sadly, exploitation often results from an elderly person being taken advantage of by a person he or she trusts — a neighbor, organization or even family member who helps with care needs. The exploited person often does not want to call an attorney, because the exploiter is someone he or she loves or depends upon.
Don’t be a victim by suffering from exploitation in any manner. Call an attorney immediately.
The sooner we can begin investigating, the sooner we can stop an instance of elder financial exploitation. Our lawyers have over 30 years of combined experience in elder law and other areas of law, and we can help protect you or someone you know from becoming a victim. Call our West Palm Beach offices or contact us online for a consultation.
Elder Financial Exploitation
There are many common scenarios of financial exploitation of the elderly:
- A child taking advantage of a parent
- A neighbor or acquaintance visiting often and abusing the elderly person’s trust
- Organizations systematically taking advantage of an elderly person
- A medical provider billing for services not rendered
Although there are many different situations, they usually involve an element of misplaced trust by the elderly person. Often that person does not want to do anything for fear of losing the care and companionship that he or she is receiving. In many instances, there is an element of embarrassment or a feeling that the exploited person is, in some way, responsible for the exploitation as well.
Get Help Now
At Kitroser & Associates, we can help make sure the exploitation stops:
- Before the exploitation occurs: Before any exploitation occurs, we can use long-term estate planning to ensure that personal property, real estate and other assets are titled in a manner in which no one can gain access to them.
- During the exploitation: As soon as you see signs that you or your loved one might be a victim of exploitation, we can take steps to protect you and your loved one, ensure that the exploitation stops and begin efforts to recover assets.
- After the exploitation: Even after exploitation has occurred, we can litigate or use other methods as appropriate to try to get back what is rightfully yours.
Make Us Your First Call ∙ 561-721-0600
Our office is located conveniently in The Atrium Building off of US Highway 1. Make us your first call for all your legal needs. Contact us.